RSE Group

RSE Group
Group shot of all the RSE attendants

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

A little While

1/4/15

For those of you keeping track you may have noticed that I skipped quite a few days in between this one and my last post.  I took about a week off after Christmas.  Most of the staff here at Redeemer do that because it is a pretty slow time during those days.  It was very nice to be home for Christmas and have some time with my family and Amy as well.  I enjoyed the time but also missed Redeemer quite a bit.  So when it came time to come back I arrived back in Rochester on the 3rd.  I attended service and was able to see Connor give a children's message.  It was pretty great.  then on Sunday Nicky gave the same children's message.  They had written it together and this was a great chance for them to get some practice.  They are both studying to become DCEs at Concordia Chicago.

During the education hour we had a congregation discussion about the idea of calling a second DCE.  There was some very helpful points made and questions asked.  It is cool to see a congregation really focused on the ministry aspect and not letting money being the number one driving factor.  It will be fun to see where this leads and what God has planned for Redeemer in the coming months.  After the late service we moved into Lynora and Lynette's celebration.  Lynora is retiring from her position as part time youth coordinator and tranisitoning into the role of volunteer.  The celebration was so much fun and such a blessing to them both.  I pray they were able to see how much of an impact they have made on those around them.  Lastly the day ended with an Ignite lead by Connor and Nicky about grudges and forgiveness.  I am very excited to see how they grow as they learn more about being church workers.

Today I learned that there is a tremendous amount of appreciation for Lynette and Lynora.  All of it is totally deserved.  Having only known them six months now I can see the impact they have on a small scale, and the amazing faith they each hold onto.    

No comments:

Post a Comment