RSE Group

RSE Group
Group shot of all the RSE attendants

Saturday, June 14, 2014

Shorter Day

6/14/2014

Well arrived at the church at 9 to find I was the only one in the office.  I could hear voices in the church but didn't know where they were or doing.  It is a bit nice to have this time.  As all of you are well aware I am an introvert and it is nice to just have that time now and then.  However the people here are so amazing I never mind being interrupted or having that time to talk.  So I took some time to catch up on some blog posts.  I really need to get a routine to do these on time haha.  Also I worked on a practice children's message to see how it goes.  Michael wants me to write some and then we can talk about them.  I really appreciate this as it allows me to run thing past all his experience with what works and what doesn't work.

Later on I did some more practicing on my sax.  I've got the muscle memory of notes which is really nice.  Now just getting my breath support and speed back to where they use to be.  It is a lot of fun playing again and I do hope I get the chance to play sometime, just not too soon.  I did some sorting of my music and found I had kept a lot of sheet music from high school as well as college.  I worked my folder down to just pieces that were solos or things I really liked to play.

A little later that day I did in fact write up a message. I based it off fathers day. It was a little tougher to write because I wanted to make sure that I wasn't being insensitive to those who didn't have fathers for whatever reason. I turned the message into looking at God as our Heavenly Father.  I then had Michael take a look at it expecting to get a lot of critiques.  Not to sound boastful but he was very impressed.  He said that if we had had time in the services this weekend he would have thrown me in. That felt really good and gave me a great starting point to go from.  I then headed home around 1:00.   The rest of the day was spent cleaning around the apartment and just hanging out until service. Service that night was another sharing service and more people showed up.

What I learned today was that having a goal for children's messages really helps to keep you on track. That way you always strive to that point and keep the focus.  

No comments:

Post a Comment