RSE Group

RSE Group
Group shot of all the RSE attendants

Saturday, June 7, 2014

Day Off!

My second day into internship and I already have a day off.  Going to try Fridays off and see how that works for awhile.  My day started off with a worker from the apartment coming in to finish my bathroom.  With that I set out to do a little unpacking and housekeeping.  I did a couple things around the apartment and settled in to watch some Netflix and do a bit of gaming.  Around 1:00 I decided I would go for a walk around town.  I started off towards Broadway and began taking the trails along the river.  There is some really gorgeous scenery there and plenty of places to check out later on.  I ended up down by Mayo Civic Center.  There I turned around and found a different way back.  As I was walking I came upon the government center.  So now I know where that is, which is quite handy.  Drawing near to the apartment I stopped by People's Food Co-op.  There I got a nice lunch and then took a walk to the veterans' memorial in Soldiers' Field.  It is a large memorial and a very nice tribute to all the places our soldiers have been.  I finally arrived home and within a bit I had a tub and a fully finished bathroom.  I took a bit of time to just hang out and relax around my apartment before Adam showed up.  He took me out to Outback Steak House.  I was then able to take him on a brief tour of the church and finally back to the apartment.  There we had some time to just catch up and do some gaming together.  However later that night the toilet would not flush and would only fill up with water.  I am having someone come in tomorrow and check it out to finally get a fully functional bathroom.  All in all a pretty good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment