RSE Group

RSE Group
Group shot of all the RSE attendants

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Rochester Servant Event!

6/8/2014

Early morning this beautiful Sunday.  I had my final two installation services today.  One was at 8:00 AM and the other was at 9:30 AM.  It was nice that at the 9:30 Amy could come out and be a part of it.  I was able to introduce her to some of the congregation members that I remembered names for.  Also she was able to meet Michael's wife Erin and most of the kids before I had.  We were a little late to the 9:30 service because we got caught up talking to people which is a great reason for that.  After that she was able to hang out a bit and we could do some wedding planning and just nice relaxing.  After she had left I took some time to just hang out before heading off to the kickstart for the Rochester Servant Event (RSE).  Getting there a bit early I learned some more names of people I will be seeing later.  To anyone who's name I have forgotten I am getting there I promise.  Then I headed to the church for the kick off to RSE.  The band played some music and we had Pastor Koglin as a speaker.  He used the walls as an image of things that get between us and our relationship with God as well as going out to others.  For one wall we were all able to write things that Satan used to put up walls between us and God.  Then he asked for us all to break down that wall and smash it into tiny pieces.  Then we went outside and did the same with that wall.  It was a very powerful moment, very messy, but very powerful.  We did a couple more songs and then broke off into our work groups.  I am with Dewey, Sue, David, Sam, Ally, and Madie.  They seem like an awesome group of people and can't wait to start working with them tomorrow.  After everything I was over I stayed back with a group of other people to clean up the church.  We vacuumed and swept up as much as we could of the Styrofoam in the church.  Great day and a great kickoff to the RSE!

Today I learned that it's the little things that really make a big difference

No comments:

Post a Comment