RSE Group

RSE Group
Group shot of all the RSE attendants

Saturday, June 14, 2014

Picnic!

6/13/2014

Well today was my second day off.  I decided to just relax and have a lazy day.  It was really nice to not really do anything.  Well nothing isn't completely true.  I washed my dishes that had been piling up during RSE and made use of that fact that I had a shower curtain.  Then I did some gaming.  It was nice to have a day to myself and just stay in and recharge my introvert batteries.  Other than that I mainly hung around the apartment getting some stuff set up and what not.

Around 4 I headed to Bryce and April's house for the staff picnic.  I was the first one there because unlike everyone else coming I only had to get myself ready to go haha.  They have an absolutely beautiful home and finally officially meet Bryce, April's husband.  I also met Adelaide (not sure if that is how they spell it) their two year old daughter.  She is simply adorable.  We had some fun before people came throwing different balls back and forth.  Then people began to show up and we started bouncing the beach balls back and forth over the bad-mitten net.  We had our own version of beach volleyball going ;)

After awhile of playing we all came in for food.  We said the common table prayer and then Pastor Jim said he was expecting to sing for prayer.  So with that we all sang the Doxology as well which was fun.  Then the kids dished up and got settled and they made the intern, me, be first through the line.  Many of us ate outside and some inside as well.  I was able to meet Pastor Jim's wife Jolene, the Harvey kids: Caleb, Gabe, MJ, Lilly, and Addie, Chris' husband Tim, and Pastor Koglin's wife Anna as well as their two boys: Isaac and Arron.  Then after supper we did some more ultimate beach ball, my new name for it, until we all headed out.  It was an awesome time and I had so much fun.

Then I headed to Hyvee looking for some supplies and to break i my gift card.  I wasn't able to find one thing I was looking for: mirror, but that is okay.  I got an app on my iPad.  Then I attempted the journey of getting home without my GPS.  I thought I should start getting use to driving and actually know how to get places and where they were.  Well after taking many different roads and turning around I finally got somewhere I recognized and made it home with no GPS.  Only been 9 days so I'm doing pretty well that being the case.

Today I learned the staff is one great big family.  Everyone looks out for each other and their kids.  It is really comforting and nice to be welcomed into a group like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment