RSE Group

RSE Group
Group shot of all the RSE attendants

Thursday, June 5, 2014

First Day in the Office

Day one in Rochester and at the office.  It was an nervous and exciting day.  Started off early at 8:00 AM and trying a new routine.  Getting some breakfast in me and waiting for the time I will have a bathroom to use was a nice start.  Arrived at the church and got a more detailed tour.  Nice to start to see everything.  I will have to take some time to start exploring the church and find all the nooks and crannies.  A lot of administrative stuff my first day as well as just getting used to who and what is around me.  I have to say now, for anyone from Redeemer reading this is for you, I have been welcomed with open arms and feel completely at home here.  Had lunch with April at El Carambas.  Good food and great company.  It is nice to really get to know every member of the staff and learn about them and hear them share.  After that I got together with Dave and we worked on a project.  We had to make walls that would be able to be broken apart for the Rochester Servant Event.  We started painting them and I get to finish them later.  Dave also took me on a great tour of the city.  And if you are reading yeah you did show me a lot but I do remember a bunch and it was incredibly helpful, thanks so much.  Nearly right after that we had the Thursday night service and my first installation.  I have to say I am truly blessed to have my first installation on Pentecost.  It was great to start meeting the congregation and start the daunting task of putting names in my head.  Lastly I attended a VBS meeting and meet some awesome people.  It was a great first day and even though a bit long I really didn't notice.  Coming back home to the apartment God blessed me and they finished my toilet and sink so just waiting on the tub now.  Today I learned that I won't always be doing stuff full throttle and there is time to breath, (although Michael might not agree with me about this day).  I have my weekly day off tomorrow and will hopefully spend it exploring Rochester a bit.  

No comments:

Post a Comment