RSE Group

RSE Group
Group shot of all the RSE attendants

Friday, June 20, 2014

Readings

Started off the day with Michael's and my devotion.  We talked a lot about consuming fire as a powerful and interesting picture of God.  Also we explored two chapters of Corinthians for reflecting and it was a good time  After that I set out to work on my blog posts including this one.  They are going really well.  My trip to Chicago will be interesting because I won't have access to write in my blog.  I might simply write done all I did then type it all up on here for you all to see.  Later on I did some reading of Pursuit of God.  It is a very good book.  Although I have to read a bit slower because Tozer has a very advanced vocabulary.  I thought it was cool he used the word abnegation.  For all those who have read Divergent you will understand that.  And if you haven't read it you really should.  I also made a first draft of my devotion for the Chicago trip.

I went home for lunch today.  I decided to make those turkey dogs that had been sitting in my refrigerator.  Yeah, yeah I know turkey dogs?  What is wrong with your Brian?  Well to be honest I am trying to change how I eat a bit.  I've had very little soda since coming here.  I'm trying to bring my portions of food down and add lots of vegetables.  Now ideally I would be exercising along with this change in eating.  I need to get a routine down pretty soon.  Nice thing is there is a Y like right down the street from me and I have a family membership.  I might try that out.  Also there are lots of martial arts schools here.  I found one that does an Okinawan karate style.  I am going to contact them and see what I an set up.

I did some more reading at the office.  I also did some proof reading for Michael.  I was the second pair of eyes on the VBS power point we have for your training.  Right now I am going to attend the first two sessions and then Michael is hoping I can teach the third.  I'm excited and nervous to do that.  Although having the first two will help get me more comfortable with the material and hopefully I will be do decent with names at that point.

Also I got some practicing in on the saxophone.  I played some movie favorites, Wicked, as well as some old Christian classics.  It was a good time.  It is a bit intimidating to know they can hear me above in the office but I try to not let that bother me learning and getting better at playing.  I am getting some of my breath support back.  Although it really is like riding a bicycle so to speak.  My fingers have the muscle memory of keys and certain things sound either wrong or right and I am remembering how to correct them.

I went home near after that.  I got some supper in me and then headed back to Redeemer for service.  After the service had started and people were singing Pastor Jim asked me if I wanted to do the readings.  I said sure.  Well there were three very long readings but I think I did a pretty good job.  Then after that I attended the VBS leader training.  I took notes on how they taught so I could teach the last one just as well as they had.  The teachers were Paula and Parakeet Paul (Paul hehe).  Then I headed home and just did some relaxing with my day off tomorrow.  Although I am turning into an old man.  I went to bed around 10:30!

Today I learned that sometimes busy work can be enjoyable.  I did some proof reading for Michael but I got to look through names so that was very helpful for me.






No comments:

Post a Comment