RSE Group

RSE Group
Group shot of all the RSE attendants

Saturday, June 14, 2014

Back to Normal?

6/12/2014

Well RSE is over which is both sad and happy at the same time.  It is sad because that was an amazing time and love the work we were doing.  I would love to do that as much as possible.  You get to see that look of relief on people's faces and share your faith and why you are doing this with them.  Also you have the mountain top experience and you never want it to end.  It is also happy at the same time because I once again get to sleep and now get into a more regular schedule and routine.  Luckily all four services this week are sharing services for RSE where we get to inform the congregation of all that we were able to do.  This morning I came in at 10 letting Michael know the night before I needed a bit more sleep.  I was able to catch up on some blog posts and you all are probably like "Brian, stop putting so many up in a row".  Also I was able to do a little more for RSE.  I took the work completed and God sighting sheets and put down all of it on a word document.  All together the document is 5 pages long, and we are missing some forms.  It is simple amazing what God has accomplished through our efforts in Rochester.

After that I took some time to practice my saxophone.  I can say that I am very rusty and will need to do much more before I am confident enough to play in front of anyone period.  It was a lot of fun to bring it out again and do some playing.  I hope that I will get some more time to do that and keep getting better.  Mainly today I did some small tasks here and there.  I worked a bit on an assignment for Kevin.  It almost doesn't seem fair I have to do homework on top of anything I already have to do here.  He he just kidding.  The homework helps to remind that I am still a student and in a learning position.  It is nice to talk about what is going on around here with people I have known for a long time.

Then we had service that night.  This was the first RSE sharing service.  I helped make the slide show for that night.  There were so many photos that we only used photos from Tuesday and we still had over 100 of them.  During the service the RSE people sang two songs to the people gathered.  They were songs we had sang during the event a lot.  It was a lot of fun to share all that God had done through us and where he had brought us.

Today I learned that sometimes you just need have patience with technology and it will get there eventually even if it isn't exactly on your time table.    

No comments:

Post a Comment