RSE Group

RSE Group
Group shot of all the RSE attendants

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Father's Day!

6/15/2014

It is my second weekend here at Redeemer and the last day of RSE sharing services.  We were sharing at both the 8:00 and 9:30 service.  At around 7:55 Michael asked me if I would speak about my time at RSE.  I agreed and started thinking of what I was going to say.  Pastor Koglin gave a great message and I still didn't have a clear idea of what I was going to speak on.  After the slideshow Addie and I walked up to the front.  As I stepped up to the microphone I know the Spirit was working because I still didn't have a clue what I was going to say.  I talked about the pay it forward idea of the event.  I said that even while God was using us to accomplish great things he was using those we helped as well.  Sue, the woman we helped out the first day, made us treats for our hard work in the morning.  After I finished Addie came up and talked and we both sat back down.  

I was now over the hurtle of speaking for a longer length of time at Redeemer.  I don't mind public speaking at all really.  Sometimes I'll get real nervous right before but once I start talking it goes away.  After service I got many compliments on what I had said.  I am glad that God used me to talk about RSE.  One member told me I could be a politician and his wife added we need some honest ones out there.

The second service went great as well.  Dewey came up to talk and it was amazing.  Dewey is your manly man if you ever saw one.  He came up to the front and spoke his heart to the congregation and it was moving.  Sue, his wife, was praying for him down in the pew and she was amazed.  It was the best way to end the RSE sharing time.  After service Michael encouraged me to head home for Father's Day and come in whenever or not at all on Monday since we would be running and gunning later that week with the Chicago,  trip and nearly 24/7 on the trip itself.

I started the drive home letting my family know I was coming home.  I of course had to bring Catan home with me since that is our favorite game.  I picked up a card for my dad and finally went home for the first time since I started internship.  The dogs ran outside to greet me and I came in for hugs.  We had a long time of just talking and getting caught up on everything.  My dad opened his cards and we had a nice lunch.  They made steaks with my favorite marinade and didn't even know I was coming when they planned it out. Then we sat down to play the long awaited game of Catan.  My mom was able to pull together a victory for what was a great game.

I spent the rest of the time talking with her and hanging out with Danny. I had the dogs getting as close to me as they possible could.  It was nice to have some time with them and really talk about what I was experiencing at internship and what was going on around Hudson.

Today I learned that family is incredibly important, I did already know that.  However you need to make time for them in anything you are doing whether that is work, school, or just life in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment