RSE Group

RSE Group
Group shot of all the RSE attendants

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Staff Meeting

6/17/2014

I started off the morning with a staff meeting/retreat.  Michael picked up me and we headed to Trinity Lutheran church.  There we were meeting in a room to get away from Redeemer in a way.  This way we had a quieter place to meet and talk.  There is something to be said with getting off site.  That way you know you will have the time to plan and talk and won't have to worry about little thing that could come up if you were on your site.  We had a time of deeper introductions where I got to know each person a bit better and they learned more about me.  We also had a time of sharing things that we would want prayers for.  That was a great time of bonding for me because it really shows them welcoming me into their family.

After that we dove into some housekeeping items.  Then we started talking about the meat and potatoes of the meeting: theme for next year.  We reviewed the council notes and the congregation suggestions.  We had some very beneficial talking and discussion.  It is an awesome experience to be a part of this planning and something I look forward to in my first call.  We ended in prayer and went our separate ways for lunch.  After lunch I came in and started working on blogs that I had gotten behind on.  Michael says that whenever I am working on them I look so busy and he feels bad interrupting me.

After some time Michael and I had a meeting and conversation that we had been building up to.  With everything that is going on we finally had time to go over goals, responsibilities, and other things of that nature.  We discussed devotionals as well as book readings.  It was great to have a chance to really hash out some things.  I got my next "official" assignment, which is to set up reservations and tickets with the House on the Rock for our return journey from Chicago.  I talked to them today and got everything set up for when we get down there.  

I took a trip to Fleet Farm after work.  I picked up some nails and a level to hang my karate belt holder and the picture Amy bought me.  After that I thought I would just stop by Games by James.  The first place my GPS took me to was in a neighborhood.  This has been the only time that it has really screwed up.  I then got the address online and went on my way.  I found it was the heart of downtown and parking is very interesting there.  I decided I would walk there sometime or drive when I had time to figure out parking.  I got home and started supper.  I made my first full fledged meal in a way.  I had spaghetti and broccoli.  It was quite delicious.

I then went about putting my painting and belt rack up.  However I found that the wall in my living room is a bit harder or has something behind it that the nails either can't or have a extremely hard time going through.  I tried three nails and then went in a bit before they would just bend under the hammer.  I will have to come up with a different solution to put stuff up.  After that I started some hard core reading.  I started Pursuit of God by A.W. Tozer for my own personal reading and read some more Clash of Kings.  I also read the first four days of the devotional Michael and I had chosen so I could catch up to where he was.

The rest of the night I did some gaming and more relaxing.  I am going to be sending an email off to a marital arts place here in town.  I am hoping I can practice with them and what not while I'm here for the year.  That would be really awesome.  Also maybe find some kind of gaming group down here to be a part of.  I am really missing having that fun every Sunday with the group back in Hudson

Today I learned that there are many different areas and ideas you go through for a theme.  You never, usually, just come to it.  There is a lot of work involved in it before you get to where it fits the best.




No comments:

Post a Comment