RSE Group

RSE Group
Group shot of all the RSE attendants

Friday, June 20, 2014

Games by James

My body decided to wake up at the time I normally wake up during the week.  So I promptly told it to shut up and went back to sleep for a couple more hours.  I finally got awake a bit later.  I made myself some breakfast and got ready for the day.  I had decided that today I was going to find Games by James.  So I headed out into the hot day and brought up my GPS.  From my adventure there last time I decided that walking was the best course.  So I began walking towards downtown.  On my way I ran into a building I was quite familiar with.

It was the POBLO building.  For those of you who are confused that was one of the buildings we worked at during RSE.  We primed the front area of the doorway.  It looks really nice.  I decided to take a picture and show the work our team was able to accomplish.  Looking at the picture it is the white main entrance way in the middle.  It was cool to really see how close this was to my apartment.

I continued on my journey into downtown.  I passed many churches on my way down.  Michael had said there were a lot downtown but I didn't realize how many a lot was until I walked past them all.  Some are very grand older buildings while others are newer.  It was very cool to see all the different architecture as I was walking.  There are some very interestingly designed buildings in downtown Rochester.

I made it to the location and figured it was in a strip mall.  I forget what the mall was called.  All I remember is it had something to do with the University of Minnesota.  I walked in and went upstairs and right off the escalator was my prize.  I walked in and looked through several sections.  I found Catan games that I will be wanting to get later.  The biggest surprise was that they did carry what I had come looking for in the first place: Warhammer 40k.  It is basically a miniature game.  It was cool to find a location that sold this near me.  I found two of the books I need to get at some point but I'll have to wait until I get paid to get them.

I then moved to look through the mall a bit more.  There is a lot of different shops there.  It was no Mall of America but they had quite a selection of stores.  There was mainly clothes stores but some other places as well.  I found a sign for Barnes and Noble and began my search for yet another favorite store.  I had to backtrack a couple times and probably looked a bit silly to those around me.  Although I finally found it and it is the coolest place I have ever seen.  I could try to describe it but a picture does a lot more justice.  It is like in a cave setting and has that "storybook" feel to it.  Unfortunately they didn't have a role playing
section but I did find several of my favorite series so I know where I am coming back eventually.  

With a very successful trip I headed back to the apartment.  I took a different route on my GPS hoping to see some more sites and potential future stops on my way back.  I did see a few different places but eventually got back to my apartment.  I cranked the AC up because it had been really warm out.  That was an awesome blessing given the rain we had gotten the past couple days.  I set down and did some gaming and washed some dishes that had piled up over the week.  I also set out some chicken for dinner that night.

 I decided I was going to make something kind of special, for me at least.  I cooked the chicken up, cut up some carrots, and made myself a chicken salad.  I have a picture here to that you all get to suffer through.
After supper I watched World War Z because it had just come out on Netflix.  Then I did some thing really nerdy.  I played the single player version of my Firefly game.  It actually wasn't all that bad.  It helped me to solidify some rules so I can better explain them to new players.  Also I got an email back from the karate place.  They do a combination of weapon and empty hand training.  It sounds really cool.  It is rather expensive so I will have to decide carefully.  They said I could come try a couple sessions for free to see how I liked it. I think I will stop by after Chicago when things have quieted down a bit.  I spent the rest of the night working on this blog and reading and just basically hanging out.  It was a nice day off.
Today I learned that having my fan on the highest setting causes the wires in the ceiling to pull and spark a bit so not going to be doing that all.  

No comments:

Post a Comment