RSE Group

RSE Group
Group shot of all the RSE attendants

Monday, November 17, 2014

Faith Story Retreat

11/15/14

Today my big event for the day was the faith story retreat.  It is an event put on by the family ministry team here at Redeemer.  I was very fortunate and was able to simply participate in this one. I have to say this was a truly amazing event.  It is basically a guided time to take a look at your life and see how God has blessed you and how your faith has been formed.  It is especially trying to point out that our faith is primarily formed outside of church events.  Those play a huge part in our faith stories but God is not bound to just work through those.  That is a very cool eye opening experience to see people go through.  I had a great time and need to covenant with myself in order to keep writing and working on this project.  I know the initial excitement will die down but thankfully I like to write so I think that'll help me keep up on this.

Today I learned that although I am younger I still have quite a faith story to tell.  I guess I in a way I knew that but seeing it on paper and in front of me is a very cool and tangible thing to show me exactly how far I have come.

No comments:

Post a Comment