RSE Group

RSE Group
Group shot of all the RSE attendants

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

First Snow

11/11/14

The big thing today was the first snow fall in Rochester.  It was pretty slushy and gross outside.  I went to start my car to warm it up while I scraped the snow and ice off and it wouldn't start.  It would sound like it would turn over than just wouldn't.  I thought "really today?".  I called Michael and he was able to try to jump my car but that didn't work.  He brought me in for the morning.  Than at lunch he came to get me and we tried a different way of trying to see if it was the battery or what.  We tried a jump with the cables directly connected to the wires and got the same result.

I then called AAA and they were sending out a tow truck.  The driver got there and he tried out some stuff on the car.  He said it was just that the engine was flooded.  He eventually got it to start and said I should drive it out to the auto place and try to start it out there so in case it was something else I would already be somewhere that could do something.  On the way out there the car died several times but I was able to get it started and eventually out to Frahms.  There I was going to have them look at it in case it was something else.

I was able to get some answers with the car and they will be working on a couple things to get it running again.  The rest of my night was with youth board as well as Council.  They were both good meetings with quite a bit of stuff happening at Redeemer.

Today I learned that although there can be difficult and frustrating times you can find God's blessings in little and big ways all over.  With my car a blessing was I got to Frahms, the guys there are great and friendly, and I will have a fixed car afterward.

No comments:

Post a Comment