RSE Group

RSE Group
Group shot of all the RSE attendants

Monday, November 17, 2014

Heaven, Hell, and What's Beyond

11/16/14

Today I taught my last Sunday school lesson for awhile.  Michael will be teaching for a bit to give me a chance to see what else happens on a Sunday morning during the education hour.  I will need to come up with a plan for what I will be doing otherwise I will just wonder and not really experience anything.  I am excited to see some adult classes to both learn and get some ideas for how I want to teach my adult lesson coming up.  Tonight I also had Ignite.  We were talking about Heaven, Hell, and death tonight.  Instead of a lesson where everyone listens to Michael or does some sort of activity he had them get into groups and dig into the Bible.  Each group had a topic and verses to look up about their topic.  My group had Heaven and they really got into looking up the verses and figuring out what they meant and were talking about.  It was a really great idea and really got them engaged, especially knowing that they would have to report back and teach their fellow peers.

Today I learned that while there are a lot of questions about what comes after we die and all around death, the Bible gives us some great answers that the youth identify with.  It was great and a real inspiration to see them dig into the Bible for answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment