RSE Group

RSE Group
Group shot of all the RSE attendants

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Certification!

10/7/14

Came in the morning a bit earlier today so that I could get a whole work day in before 4:00 today.  I used Toggl right away and some strategies that I had gleaned from yesterday.  I made sure to start thinking about what I was going to do next so I could move from task to task.  The morning went very well.  Michael and I met and it was a good time.  We went over my journal and were able to discuss some things about that.  Also he looked through my children's message and Sunday school lesson for when Kevin would be coming.  It is really nice for me to have him look through them.  Then we ended our meeting talking about getting the mystery dinner lock in really moving.  I've picked an idea so that there is no thinking later, "Oh I wanted that one" if I had given them a choice.  Maybe later on sometime if that is possible.

After lunch I came  back and did some more little tasks here and there.  I also started to work on my stuff for the confirmation retreat.  I get to teach a section about standing for your faith and what the Bible says.  I'm excited for the activity that I will have them do.  Then at 4 I headed home and then started on to Hudson.  I was going to be at karate for the first time since Gembatte.  I got an amazing welcome from everyone there which was just so heart warming.  It was fun to be able to teach and talk with the new Senseis and all the students.  Then halfway through we had the ceremony for JJ, Kevin G, and myself.  Our paperwork had been accepted and we were awarded our first official red kyu for being 1st degree black belts.  We got a really neat certificate and frame.  It was a awesome time.  Then I had a bit of time to talk with my family and Amy before I headed back to Rochester.

Today I learned that actually quite a few people check out my blog.  I put up a couple posts and I got like 31 page views which is pretty awesome.  I hope people enjoy reading about my days and it can work as an outreach tool of sorts.

No comments:

Post a Comment