RSE Group

RSE Group
Group shot of all the RSE attendants

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Kindle For Recent Grads Day 5

10/2/14

This was our last day of Kindle.  It was a bitter sweet moment.  It was nice because we would be getting back to our congregations and able to take what we had learned and start to apply it.  It was bitter because we wouldn't be seeing each other for a long time, at least not in person.  Our morning session was the only session we had that day.  We talked about going back and what that would look like.  Also we touched on what it looked like to pause and take a break while at our different congregations.  We then took time to write affirmations to each person in our circle to be able to read later when we arrived home or on the way home.  Lastly we laid on hands for each member of our circle group and prayed for them.  It was an extremely powerful moment that I will never forget.  We built such a great connection and relationships.

Michael and I headed back to Rochester and literally took turns talking the whole time back.  He said later that it was good for him because he was a bit tired.  We talked about all sorts of things, for those of you who can't believe it.  He has the same talent that Amy has.  Both of them have the ability to get me to just start talking like uncontrollably.  We got back later and I basically just unpacked and hung out for the rest of the night.  It had been an amazing last couple of days.

Today I learned that I am not alone out there.  Besides Redeemer staff, and future staffs I will be a part of, I have a whole network of DCEs I can call on for help.  Being aware of that makes things not seem so daunting and crazy moving towards the call process.

No comments:

Post a Comment