RSE Group

RSE Group
Group shot of all the RSE attendants

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Dave Horn!

9/25/14

Today was your average day at work.  I was able to accomplish quite a bit.  I am mainly working on stuff so that it is all set up when Michael and I get back from Kindle.  I didn't quite realize how much actually goes into me not being here.  I definitely don't have the involvement of Michael.  But still have several things that need to be in place so that I can be gone and everything that needs to get done, does indeed get done.  This weekend we have Dave Horn here.  He is a traveling minister who does services for churches and uses a lot of music.  I went to our Thursday night with him and it was very cool.  We did singing for many parts, and he even did a bit during the sermon.  My favorite part was the sung confession and absolution.  It as a very cool moment and quite powerful in my opinion.  I also enjoyed just being at worship and not having to worry about any part I had to prepare for or anything of that sort.

Today I learned that there are many different ways to run a worship time.  I was able to participate in a worship led by Dave Horn, as I mentioned earlier.  He incorporates music into nearly every aspect of the service and he is quite talented.  It is a very cool experience if you have never heard of him.  

No comments:

Post a Comment