RSE Group

RSE Group
Group shot of all the RSE attendants

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Kindle for Recent Grads Day 1

9/28/14

The morning started off with a drive with Michael and service at a church in the Des Moines area.  It was a very cool worship experience.  They do many things that involve the whole congregation.  Then we headed out to a stop for lunch.  We stopped at Zombie Burger and Drink Lab in Des Moines.  It is a burger place that is zombie themed.  It is a pretty interesting place.  All their burgers, and other meals, are named after some zombie movie or quote.  It was a pretty fun place to eat and the food was actually pretty good.  It was definitely a memory I will remember forever.  Then we got back on the road and kept going.  And contrary to popular belief, apparently, we did indeed talk quite a bit on the way to Kansas City.  It was all over the area as well.  We talked about work as well as just chatting and having a good time.

We arrived at the place we would be staying until Thursday.  Michael had stuff to get set up for and meet with his team.  I hung out mainly in my room doing some work to get everything ready for when I came back.  Also I walked around a bit exploring the place we were at.  I am just calling it the place because the name is really long and easier to write place rather than the other one over and over again.  That evening they had a time of worship and they invited me to participate.  I was able to meet some amazing DCEs.  Most of them I have either heard about as legends and/or read materials they have published.  Then they did a book game where they picked up, or stole a book that had once belonged to Jack Giles, another legend in the DCE community.  It was an awesome time for me and I just mainly listened and took it all in.

Today I learned that there are some amazing DCEs out there, and completely humble and friendly people.  I met a lot of people's whos' names I've read in books.  But to get to meet and know them was awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment