RSE Group

RSE Group
Group shot of all the RSE attendants

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Confirmation

9/24/14

In the morning we had a staff meeting.  It was the first staff meeting for Pastor Jim for awhile.  It was good to be able to hear from him and what was going on.  Keep his family in your prayers.  We spent a good amount of time getting him caught up as to what had happened and what was coming up.  After that he went back to his office and we worked some more on the CSP chapel.  I am very excited with what we are doing and what direction we are going.  I pray that God will work through us to Make Him Known to the students and faculty during the chapel time.  Then in turn that they will see the opportunities to Make Him Know as well and jump at them.  After that I began working on an activity for Confirmation tonight.  I am still toying around with how to do it but have the general idea in my head.

After lunch I came back and really got to work on the activity.  It is a sheet of paper with a road on it.  I drew on little "exits" all along the road.  It is called the grudge road.  On the road they will write down how a grudge starts and what it can eventually lead to.  Each of the "exits" were God's forgiveness and they are able to get us off the grudge road.  At confirmation that night the lesson went much better than my last one.  I felt very good about it.  There were definitely areas that I could improve but that is kind of the point of internship.  It was an overall very good day and I had fun with the ninth grade confirmation class and can't wait to teach them again sometime and also work with the 1st and 2nd year students later on.

Today I learned that taking a few suggestions and applying them can improve my teaching by leaps and bounds.  I felt one hundred times better about this lesson as opposed to the one before for confirmation.  As I said before there is still always room for improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment