RSE Group

RSE Group
Group shot of all the RSE attendants

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Planning Time

9/23/14

I spent a portion of the morning working on my blog and journal entry and was able to get that updated.  I spent the rest of the morning really working on my confirmation lesson for tomorrow.  I kept my notes from Michael in front of me as I started and went though it.  I made sure to put in as many notes for myself and what I want to say and how I want to say it as I could.  I also put in reminders to do certain things like: setting the room, getting away from the podium, and picking on the quieter people in the room.  I was able to work on my goal for the lesson and then hit a bit of a roadblock with it as to where I wanted to go.  I was able to bounce some ideas off Michael right there and he suggested mini goals as well that are specific.  This helped to serve as the outline for my lesson and got me moving forward again.

After lunch I came back and continued to work on my lesson.  I feel like I might be taking too much time to finish it.  However being in the learning experience time it is probably good and expected for me.  I was able to finish my lesson and do quite a bit of other work getting ready for being gone for a week.  It is quite a lot to take care of when I really stop and think about all the things that will come up out of nowhere if I don't work on them.  Later in the afternoon Michael and I were able to talk about my lesson.  There were a couple areas that he said could use rewording to help the 9th graders think about them better.  Also one thing I completely changed because it strayed a bit from my overall goal and didn't help entirely to move towards it.  I changed it and need to just get a second activity ready and I am prepared to teach tomorrow.

Today I learned that I am drawn to the difficult points in Scripture.  I see them and want to explore and discuss them.  This is a good thing for my growth and now just nee the time to actually check these out sometime and with someone.  

No comments:

Post a Comment