RSE Group

RSE Group
Group shot of all the RSE attendants

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Confirmation Teaching

9/10/14

In the morning I did some work on my journal as well as my blog.  We only had Michael, April, and myself for the staff meeting this morning.  Pastor Jim is in Europe and Pastor Koglin had a POBLO meeting.  We talked about leading Chapel at CSP this month as well as how Council looked at the theme for this year.  There are some very cool things in the workings here for this year.  We still need to lock down some direction and vision as far as the theme goes but God is working and it is catching on which is totally awesome to see.  I played around a lot with the Facebook pages seeing what all else I could do as well as expanding who we reach with them.

After lunch I came back and did some work with a program that Michael shared with me.  It is for making images and different types of cool documents.  It has a template to make cover photos for Facebook which will come in handy for the next couple months making people for the theme this year.  I was also able to get a chapter read from Boundaries and continue working on that towards the deadline.  Knowing the deadline for the next month is handy so I can get a bit of an earlier start and have an end date in mind.  I worked on several projects in the afternoon getting parts done here and there.  I also submitted all my paperwork for Kindle and getting all set up for that, for which I am very excited to attend.

I came back to church around ten to 5:00 that night.  It was my first night of teaching confirmation.  As I told Michael I was 80% excited and 20% nervous.  I love teaching and it is something I feel that God has gifted me in doing well.  I get such great joy from the questions, discussion, and learning that happens in those environments.  As class started and went on I feel into a rhythm of sorts.  We had very good questions asked and they tackled the questions I posed to them as well.  I felt absolutely wonderful about the time and I pray that they were able to take away something as well.  I can say for sure that I learned from them and they have taught me as well.  There were definite areas for improvement but I felt it was a great overall start and beginning for me and I pray for them as well.

Today I learned more about my own personal teaching style.  I am a big fan of turning questions around on people.  I love getting their questions and rewording them and putting them back for them to think about and hopefully answer.  Then they are the ones answering their questions while I am simply providing some key information for them to get to that point.

No comments:

Post a Comment