RSE Group

RSE Group
Group shot of all the RSE attendants

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Confirmation

9/3/14

I started off the morning with a staff meeting.  It was all staff today and Randy led us in devotion.  We talked a lot about Rally Day as well as the combined opening for Sunday School that would happen that day.  Then afterwards I got many little tasks and jobs done or at least started so I could spend a bit more time on them after lunch.  I got all my stuff turned in for Kevin on Blackboard and was all up to date there.  Sometimes I forget that this is still a class even though I am basically doing what I will be doing for this as a career.  After that I headed off to lunch at my apartment.

After lunch I cam back and finished up some small assignments here and there and started working on my blog for the day.  I also sent out a couple emails and got things started on getting ready for the senior high events this coming educational year.  Then I spent quite a bit of time on getting my journal caught up to where I am as well.  I found that going back and writing those was much harder than writing my blogs from the past. While it is fun to write about what I am doing as well as journal sometimes when I get behind on them they get to be really intimidating.  I just have to make sure I do them on my days off and make time for that.

I then headed home to get some supper and a bit of a break before I came back for confirmation and a couple of meetings right in a row.  I attended the opening for the ninth grade confirmation because I would be teaching them for the first three sessions of this year.  Pastor Jim gave them the challenge to try and stump the intern.  We'll see if they can do it.  That might not be that hard.  I then meet with Jim about the website and how to put in the link to Facebook in the best and most visible way we could.   Then after that I helped finish up the last confirmation meeting and that was my busy night.

I today I learned a small feel of what a busy schedule for a night can look like.  This is nothing compared to what Michael has probably had at some points, but it is a new experience for me so far this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment