RSE Group

RSE Group
Group shot of all the RSE attendants

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Confirmation

9/17/14

We had our staff meeting today.  Most of our time was spent talking about the CSP chapel that we would be doing as a staff on Friday.  We are trying to bring in both their theme for homecoming and our theme for the year at Redeemer.  It is fun to bring that other places and it is such an easy theme to incorporate into any sense of Christian life.  Making Him Known is what we are called to do with our lives in Christ.  It will also be a good time to be at CSP again for a day.  I don't know many students there anymore but seeing some of the professors will be fun.

I was able to teach confirmation again tonight.  I was excited and nervous again.  That, in my mind, is a good combination as long as the nerves are lower than than the excitement.  That way you are a bit on edge and think about what you are saying.  Michael would be there evaluating me a bit which is very helpful.  My lesson went over decently well for tackling a tough subject.  There were a couple areas that I felt interesting in.  Michael asked that I went through my lesson and write down how I felt about the different areas and we would talk later.  I have to admit that that night was me just constantly thinking about my lesson and what he could say.

Today I learned that I don't give myself as much time to think about questions before going into an answer.  Taking a bit of time to think and evaluate can never hurt.  

No comments:

Post a Comment