RSE Group

RSE Group
Group shot of all the RSE attendants

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Making Him Known

9/9/14

I spent a good majority of the morning doing some reading of my Boundaries book.  I am getting close to finishing and having a post ready for the 15th of this month.  It is actually a very interesting book.  I especially have enjoyed looking at where boundary issues usually come from.  There is a lot of nurture involved and most boundary issues can be traced back to when you were a child.  How your parents and/or caregivers raised you has a huge impact on how you handle boundaries and conflicts with them as they come up in your life.  I find myself looking back to my childhood and see if there is any insight I can gain looking at how I handle boundaries.  It is had provoked a great deal of thought on my part.  

In the afternoon I began to work on the acolyte schedule and diving into that project.  I have hit a proverbial roadblock since I do not have everyone's forms in quite yet.  I'm starting to make teams for them but can't go to far without preferred times of the students.  Michael had some good suggestions for me after I put some teams together.  He said that perhaps putting a 2nd year with a 1st year could help to relieve a bit of stress for the 1st year who is doing this for the first time.  I left work about 4pm because I would be coming back for a youth board meeting as well as Council later that night.  I had some supper and headed back into church.

At youth board we took some time to look at the vision that had been set down a couple years ago.  This spawned some great conversation.  People are really looking at what they are doing and what that is conveying to the youth involved in the events they plan.  Also there is an increased push for more youth involvement on the board and what that would look like.  I am very excited to see how the vision planning session will look next month.  After that Michael and I bugged out for Council meeting.  Pastor Thwala said a few words before we began and we prayed over him.  Then we moved into business.   A large portion of the meeting was dedicated to looking at this year's theme of Making Him Known.  There were some great ideas that came out of the meeting.  We went pretty late again but had some great conversation on topics that really needed to be addressed.

Today I learned how much thought goes behind making small groups.  I use to think it was pretty random but actually quite a few factors are looked at, all in the best interest of the students.  

No comments:

Post a Comment