RSE Group

RSE Group
Group shot of all the RSE attendants

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Rummage Sale Set Up

9/15/14

Today's morning was spent filling in journals for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday as well as writing up the blog posts for that day.  I am very proud of myself for keeping up so well on this blog.  It sometimes is a pain in the butt but I know at the end of internship I will appreciate looking back on this or my paper as well as just memories.  Michael and I also helped to bring some stuff downstairs for the rummage sale.  It reminds me of Trinity's sale.  They have a lot of stuff this year which will be awesome.  I headed home for lunch.  For lunch today I had leftovers from Zadeos that Amy and I didn't eat on Sunday.  I heated them up in the oven because that is the only way leftover pizza is delicious as leftovers!

I came back to church and Michael and I had our meeting.  We went over my journal, which always seems to be like 2 weeks in between (very busy).  It was a good time for us to touch bases and now able to set some habits and patterns we simply didn't have time for before.  After that I went into practice wit April.  I am playing this week at church which is nerve racking and exciting at the same time.  Practice went well.  I am extremely hard on myself when it comes to my music and so I thought I sounded terrible.  I think just a couple more practice times will help me to feel more at ease.  I spent the rest of time at church working on my book blog for internship.

I came back around ten to five.  I was helping, and hopefully with some youth, to set up the rummage sale.  There were quite a few adults including Michael, Paul, and myself.  We were putting tables and chairs in different places and setting it up for the best viewing and flow of traffic.  We did get one youth near the end of the night.  Drew was able to show up and help a bit after his swimming practice.  We actually got everything done at around 7:15 or so.  I need to at some point go back down and take some pictures so they have them for next year on how to set it up again.

Today I learned that sometimes it is the littlest things that make the biggest impacts.  I helped set up the rummage sale and it was just a fun time for me.  I didn't mind the work part at all and it was a good time hanging out with the planners.  I don't know the impact I had on them for my help but they made a huge impact on me that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment