RSE Group

RSE Group
Group shot of all the RSE attendants

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Monday Blues

8/7/14

I started out the morning working on my blog and journal.  I know I say this a lot but it would really help if I did these on my days out of the office.  It would save having to catch up so much on Monday.  I spent a good part of the morning before lunch working on them.  I was also being a bit sluggish with them.  Don't know why just moving a bit slower today.  Not tired at all just I don't know.  I went home for lunch and fixed up some sandwiches as well as some rice that my parents had left with me since their last visit.

I came back after lunch and set down to working on my confirmation lesson for this Wednesday.  I would be teaching three lessons and after talked with Pastor Jim earlier last month I had decided on Confession and absolution.  I read the materials that Pastor Jim gave to me as well as looking into the Catechism and what not.  I have my base lesson done and now I just need to add some Scripture passages I had been thinking about while writing as well as some Catechism readings.  It is the first time I've prepared a full lesson since being here at Redeemer.  This will be my first time teaching Confirmation as lead teacher since ever, which is very exciting.

In the late afternoon Michael and I met about acolyting as well as just a general check up meeting.  It was very helpful for me to meet and as I dive into this acolyte program I pray I did not bite off more than I could chew.  If nothing else it will prove to be a very good learning experience.  After that I headed home and did some gaming as well as finished my series on Netflix.  I've hit that all too common awkward moment where I don't know what to do with my personal life anymore.  Mainly kidding but anyone who has experienced that knows exactly what I am talking about.  Oh well I'll just have to start going down my list in Netflix.

Today I learned how Monday's can often feel.  I was a bit sluggish today and getting stuff done seemed to almost be a chore in a way.  I guess I can safely say I've experienced my first real Monday morning here on internship.

No comments:

Post a Comment