RSE Group

RSE Group
Group shot of all the RSE attendants

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Cluster Group!

9/18/14

In the morning Michael and I went to cluster group.  This is a time when a group of DCEs from around the area get together and just talk ministry and what not.  This is a good connection point for me and a way to hear from other DCEs as to where they are at.  We talked a bit about millenials and how each of our churches are approaching that and looking from pointers from past experiences and what we are doing now.  It was very interesting to see how other congregations approach ministry.  I am starting to make a mental list of the different ways for my future call so I have some ammunition on my belt.

In the afternoon we had a Ignite/PYROS planning meeting.  During the meeting we spent a little amount of time on Ignite themes.  We wanted to get people thinking but not spend the whole time on that.  Michael wanted to give some chances for others who were not there and other youth to get some ideas in as well.  We then went into the main goal of the night:  planning PYROS events up until the month of December.  There were some awesome ideas thrown out there and we were able plan all the way into December which was awesome.  I am very excited to see these events happen and how they affect those around us.  I finished up the night with subbing in for Michael for Children's message.  Something in the chapel was making a lot of noise so we had Thursday service in the sanctuary.  I was able to do the children's message and it went over well.

Today I learned that there is a lot behind getting paid and insurance in the church.  It is something I've never thought about nor something we've ever talked about in any classes at school.  

No comments:

Post a Comment