RSE Group

RSE Group
Group shot of all the RSE attendants

Monday, September 8, 2014

South African Visitor

9/4/14

I started off the morning with my blog and journal for the day before.  I also found my Portals of Prayers for this morning and used that for my devotion.  Right now I am 2 for 2 which is awesome!  I really want to make this a habit for me to do devotionals each day.  Then I began work on my children's message for tonight.  My theme would be on Making HIM Known to help put the theme for the year in people's heads.  Pastor Thwala made it to Redeemer and we all were able to meet him.  For lunch Pastor Jim took him, Ginger, a friend of hers, Michael, April, Jolene, and myself to Grandma's Kitchen.  We had some very good food and some excellent conversation for lunch.  Then it was back to Redeemer to do some work.

We meet about about the Sunday school opening and figured out exactly what we were doing and how that would look.  I get to find a couple kids who were at VBS to hand the check to Pastor Thwala for what they collected during that time.  It'll be a very cool experience for them to be able to do that and see him.  Then I went back to my children's message and was able to finish it up.  I am about half and half with it right now.  I am thinking that after I give it for the first time this week I will make some changes that the Spirit puts on me.  I then finished up the work day with reading a couple chapters in Boundaries.  I find that if I read the book at work it goes much smoother than when I try to read it at home.  I am finding it very interesting and examining my own life against it, which is what it means to do.

I came back for service that night and help set up the slide show from South Africa for Ginger before and after service.  I gave my children's message for the first time that weekend and I had one boy.  It was a pretty good run through.  I found some things I will change for Saturday and Sunday.

Today I learned a lot about how we put first world problems really high in our lives.  Hearing from Pastor Thwala about his church as well as the area really shows you reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment