RSE Group

RSE Group
Group shot of all the RSE attendants

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Busy Day

9/21/14

Today was a really good Sunday for me.  It started off with me playing my saxophone at early service.  I played the anthem: Come Thou Font, and I played the offering song: El Shaddai.  I thought I sounded pretty good.  You know it is something when the musician is happy with their own performance.  I am pretty hard on myself when it comes to those things.  I made a couple mistakes, but everyone does in some way in live music I think.  Then the upper grades had a combined Sunday school with April about worship.  I was able to help her get all the stuff she needed.  It was a very good lesson and I pray that the kids took away some good lessons about what worship is and what our part is in it.  Second service went good but I did not play for that one.  Pastor Koglin had a great sermon about using God's words in loving actions.

In the afternoon Amy, JJ, T, and I went to the Renaissance Festival.  We all were dressed up.  It is always fun to hang out with them.  We walked a bit and looked at some way expensive stuff which is always fun.  Then we headed to the stage and watched a couple shows.  I'm not a huge fan of the shows but it's time to hang out with them.  I like getting their latter in the afternoon so that we really go to the places we actually want to visit rather than just walking around aimlessly.  Then we all headed our separate directions.   It was a pretty awesome day overall.  

Today I learned I am really starting to know where everything is at at Redeemer.  I was able to get supplies for April while she was teaching Sunday school and that felt good for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment