RSE Group

RSE Group
Group shot of all the RSE attendants

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Homemade Soup!

9/2/14

Started off the morning with a much deeper appreciation for Wi-Fi and realizing how much it rules our lives and what we are able to do.  Just knowing that I couldn't do my blogs without it was kinda crazy.  I spent the morning updating my blog posts.  Then I attended a meeting with Michael and Pastor Koglin about confirmation.  I would not be attending the 7th/8th grade opening due to being the teacher for 9th grade after Pastor Jim left.  However I got to see some planning into that and the direction they are wanting to go with confirmation in the future and right now.  Then I headed home for lunch.  I had some of the shrimp dish my mom had made when they were down here.  It was very good, although I noticed the mushrooms in it for the first time.  :P  Thanks Mom!

I came back after lunch and continued writing in my blog making sure to keep up should I not have Wi-Fi back at my apartment.  Then I did some work on the announcements for the week and wrote up my take it home piece for the week.  After that Michael and I met for a good amount of time.  We talked over some things happening at Redeemer and what was coming up for us.  After that I quickly wrote up my September report for the Elders' meeting that night, that I would not be attending however.  Then I made my way to the Government Center to finally get my parking permit for the year.  I picked that up and put it on my car when I got back to my apartment.

I then began the new task of making soup.  My parents had left me chicken broth and I was going to test out whether this would work or not.  I began with the chicken and cooking the noodles.  I then put on the pot and added the broth, celery, and carrots.  I was hoping to let them cook for a bit.  After there had been a bit of time and they were starting to get soft I put in the noodles and chicken and some garlic to cook it all together with.  I tasted it after it had been cooking awhile and added some salt.  After I was satisfied I poured myself a bowl and it was pretty delicious if I do say so myself.  After that I headed back to church for a family ministry meeting where I was able to see a partially finished project of the binders for the families and different aged kids.

Today I learned that sometimes you just need to try something and not really worry how it will end up.  I had been thinking about making the soup for awhile but was worried about time, what if it didn't work, and other things.  I finally sat down and did it and it turned out great and a very good experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment