RSE Group

RSE Group
Group shot of all the RSE attendants

Monday, September 15, 2014

Ignite Kickoff

9/14/14

I was up early for service.  I got there and able to say hello with a lot of names attached which makes me feel awesome.  We started Sunday school with the opening done by Michael.  It was a great set up for the month.  I came back and taught the senior high youth for the first time here at Redeemer.  I got some good discussion out of them and knew all the names of everyone there which made me so happy!  They seemed to get something out of the discussion and activity we had as well.  I pray that it spoke to their hearts and were able to glen some valuable lessons that God was teaching them.  It was fun to be teaching like that again.  I didn't realize how much I had missed it from field work until I did it today again.

After Sunday school I caught up with Amy and we enjoyed service together.  We were sitting next to Miriam and John and it was the most awesome experience ever.  Miriam was translating every word spoken into Arabic for a few siblings there.  It was such a cool moment for the Gospel to shine through as well as Making Him Known.  Also a Chinese family came in and their oldest son seemed to be doing the same in Chinese for his parents.  Both are such inspiring moments especially given the theme we have this year.  After service Amy and I headed back to my apartment.  We ate at Zadeos and she loved it.  Then we simply just napped before I had practice as well as the Ignite Kickoff.

Both Amy and I played with the instruments of praise and both of us had a great time.  I had missed playing with a group and it was fun to hear that ensemble sound again.  After practice we ate with the youth for the kickoff of Ignite.  We then had a time of devotion.  We talked about this  year's theme and how we can Make Him Known in our home, church, community, and the world.  I was able to lead a small group and it was a lot of fun.  They wanted me to join which was super awesome.  I am glad to be getting some good relationships going with the youth.  After that we played two games.  One was tag where when you attach to someone the opposite person has to run.  I forget the name for it but it was one we played at school at a lot.  After that we played Hunger Games.  Everyone gets a pool noodle and you try to tag everyone else out, all while in the dark.  It was a great time.  After that Amy headed home and I did some World of Darkness stuff and what not.

Today I learned that I really excel when I'm with the youth.  That is those in 6th grade on up.  I have so much fun with them and I'm able to get them to open up and build relationships with them pretty easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment