RSE Group

RSE Group
Group shot of all the RSE attendants

Monday, September 8, 2014

Technical Difficulties

9/6/14

I spent a good chunk the morning just hanging out around my apartment.  Since I had gone on my adventure yesterday today was a time for being at home until service that night.  I played some of my games and started a new series.  I am in an anime mood for the last couple weeks so I am watching Fate/Zero.  Anyone who is interested in anime I would recommend it to.  Otherwise you probably wont like it, just saying.  I then headed to service for the night.  I was only going to stay half the time today because my goal was to do some dishes hopefully.  We had a few sound issues but luckily Connor was there to help me out and then April also was there to help fix some things.

We were having some troubles with feedback from the mics from everyone.  I had to even take mine off for the children's message and say it out loud.  I didn't know what else I could do or what other mics I could safely use.  Luckily there were no children so I could talk from the middle of the sanctuary so people could hopefully hear me the best.  After the halfway point I talked to Dean a bit and then headed out.  I was going to Cousins subs to use one of my coupons, also because I had never been there.  I got a cheese steak sub and only had to pay like $3 for it which was awesome.  I enjoyed that at home and went to bed early to get up for service the next morning.

Today I learned that sometimes the sound system doesn't want to cooperate with us.  In those times you just have to do the best with what you have at hand.  I'm not sure if understanding it anymore would actually have helped me try to fix the problem.  

No comments:

Post a Comment