RSE Group

RSE Group
Group shot of all the RSE attendants

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Monday Busyness

9/22/14

In the morning I took most of the time to update my journal.  I didn't get into my blogs because they were building up to be so many.  I would get to them eventually though.  I really really need to do my journal on the day I am writing about.  I should start to build the habit of doing my journal entry and my blog post the night of that day so everything is fresh in my head and I don't always do them the morning after or play catch up on Monday.  Before lunch I also worked on and completed my quarterly self-assessment so Michael and I could talk about it in our meeting later in the afternoon.  We both laughed as I asked questions about wording on some of the portions that he didn't really know either.  We both agreed that this may need to be looked at again for future interns

After lunch Michael and met and had a long meeting.   We had a lot to talk about with Kindle for Recent Grads coming up as well as everything else taking off this week and next with us gone.  We were finally able to talk about my lesson.  He gave me some great things to work on and a couple of them I had picked up on when I had looked back on my lesson myself.  I am excited to improve my teaching style next time around.  We also talked about PYROS and some upcoming events to get ready for them and what needs to be done to prepare for them.  Lastly we went through the assessment and in most areas we were the same as to where I was.  Most others we either came to the area in different ways or one away from what we had put down.  It was a good discussion and really helped me to see where I am at this point in internship.

Today I learned some great areas I an improve my teaching ability  Having Michael being able to give me points is great.  He can impart wisdom and I get to try it out and develop my own way of teaching in a safe environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment