RSE Group

RSE Group
Group shot of all the RSE attendants

Monday, September 8, 2014

Rally Day!

9/7/14

Rally day!  It was already an exciting morning right away.  I dressed up in a tie this morning and got some funny comments.  I just realized no one at Redeemer had ever seen me dressed up that much yet.  Michael and I looked at the sound a little bit and basically would have to play it by ear when it came to having problems with it.  During my first children's message Michael came and gave me a handheld mic to use and it worked great.  Then in the middle we had the Sunday school opening and presented the check to Pastor Thwala.  I found three first graders to hand it to him and it made for some great pictures.  Then he thanked us with song which was truly amazing.  He has an awesome voice and it was just cool to hear the Zulu song.

After that the Sunday school kids were dismissed and He, Zeal, and Pastor Thwala stayed with the adults and older youth to share about what is happening in South Africa.  It was a very interesting presentation and fun to hear about all that God is doing there.  We then moved into the second service.  I used a lapel mic for this time so I was able to do my sign language with the kids without having to be heard less.  I pray we figure out the sound system and able to have it working better for next weekend services.  After service Michael and I went about putting away all the equipment in the sanctuary and he taught me a bit more on how to set up the sound system if he wasn't there.

The headed home after that and began in on those dishes that had been staring me in the face.  I got them done finally and was able to use the correct scrubby for the stainless steel pots I have.  They finally are sparkly clean without any leftover powder from the cameo.  I played Skyrim, watched my series, and got my rpg game ready for my friends coming the next Saturday.

Today I learned a few more things about how the sound system works.  I think I could set it up on my own now, but I would still want someone there to watch me the first couple times to remind me of the smaller details I may have missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment