RSE Group

RSE Group
Group shot of all the RSE attendants

Monday, September 15, 2014

DCE Brown Bag

9/11/14

My morning today was spent at the DCE brown bag event.  It is basically an event where DCEs from the Minnesota South District meet together and have some sort of presentation.  Then we have a bit of a chance to discuss what was presented.  This year we has a presentation from Kurt about millennials.  It was very interesting, especially since a good number of people in the room where of that generation including myself.  It was enlightening to hear from all the different DCEs in the area and from their personal experiences into this area.  Another part of it that was really informing was talking with Michael and Mark on the way back to Rochester.  We also began to talk a bit more about the upcoming generation.  Mark was doing a presentation on them in the Educators' conference.  He shared some great highlights that he would be sharing.    

I came back and worked on some small projects here and there for the rest of the afternoon.  I was able to accomplish quite a bit as well as getting some good progress into bigger projects.  My biggest project right now is the acolyte schedule.  I am not at a point where I want to be with it but that is because I do not have all the forms of preferred times from the students yet.  I headed home around 4 and ate some dinner.  I then came back for worship because it was habit for me.  I realized that after I had arrived I didn't actually need to be there tonight since I didn't have anything to do at worship this time.  I was able to just enjoy service this time around without have to worry about doing anything for the first time in awhile.

Today I learned some very interesting facts about the next generation after me.  Mark has been studying them a bit and offered some very valuable pieces to us on the way back to Rochester.  It was fun and very helpful to have that conversation with Michael and Mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment