RSE Group

RSE Group
Group shot of all the RSE attendants

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Kevin's Visit!

10/12/14

Kevin's visit today!  I did first service getting a bit anxious for him to arrive.  After service I hung out in the Narthex waiting to flag him done.  He did arrive and it was some great conversation to start.  I talked over the schedule one more time with him and showed him a bit around Redeemer.  He asked me some questions about what was going on and what my role was on Sundays as well as during the week.  We then headed downstairs for my Sunday school lesson with the senior high.  He actually did not stay for the lesson but attended Pastor Jim's Bible study.  My lesson went pretty good that day.  Although I did learn that when I have extra time I should keep the youth in their and just have relationship building time.

After that I went to late service.  This time Kevin would be able to see my children's message.  I was getting a bit nervous but overall I wasn't too worried.  I was going to give my message like I usually did and just concentrate on interacting with the kids.  I felt the message went very well and I was happy with it.  After service I gathered the group of people that would be meeting with Kevin.  Then I settled in the office for the most uncomfortable part of the day so far.  I had to wait while the group and then Michael met with Kevin.  I wasn't worried about what they were saying, but a big part of me was curious.

After that Kevin and I headed out to Whiskey Creek for our lunch and meeting.  We talked about a lot of things.  I was able to show him the work I've been doing and also ask questions about what is happening with CSP and its church ministry program.  It was overall a very good visit.  I got some great encouragement as well as some great advice and constructive criticism on my work.  It lifted my spirits and helped me to see where I am headed to improve on next.

Today I learned that although I have many areas to grow in I've come a long way on internship already.  It has been a blast so far and I've learned quite a bit  I can't wait to see what God's got in store for me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment