RSE Group

RSE Group
Group shot of all the RSE attendants

Thursday, October 9, 2014

Confirmation Night!

10/8/14

Today was a productive day in the office.  I was able to get quite a bit done.  I am not up to date with my blogs.  It feels nice to have those at a point where they are coming out the day after the day they are about.  It keeps those who are interested in reading these a look into what is going on in my life.  Also I am up to date on my journal writing which helps me really evaluate my day.  It gives me a chance to look at the day as a whole and pull out some big things that happened.  For those of you who don't know Michael asked me to journal a couple questions for each day.  So each day I answer the question of what did I learn today, what do I need, what is something I can do better, what I rocked at, and a God sighting for the day.  They have been extremely helpful moving forward in internship.

I spent the afternoon doing a couple other tasks.  One main one was getting my answers ready for confirmation that night.  This is the first Wednesday I've been back since I taught confirmation.  I get to bring the answers to their questions and I am excited to share with them and see what other questions they can come up with.  I also attended the family ministry meeting that happened.  They are going to be having binders with the Lord's Prayer, 10 Commandments, Apostle's Creed, and other things in them.  They are designed for families to use these resources with their kids to really be equipped to be the primary faith builders for their children.  It is such a cool idea because you can add to it as well as put different things that the children have done into the book itself.  It serves as resource for the parents to teach as well as for the children when they grow up to look back on.

After supper I headed to confirmation for the night.  I first went to the 9th graders class.  I shared my answers and got some good responses from them.  Pastor Jim had to laugh at a couple of the questions they had asked me.  They had a couple follow up questions that were very fun to talk about.  Also they started asking questions and Pastor Jim started taking and answering them.  They then got on a role with some great questions for him that really showed they had been reading or at least had questions about the faith.  It was a pretty awesome time  I was able to be in the 1st and 2nd year class for the last ten minutes or so of class which was nice to experience as well.

Today I learned that there are a lot of questions burning in confirmation students' heads.  I guess I did know that but the questions they have are very interesting and ones every Christian struggles with.  The pop culture ones are good to struggle with as well because we see them and are exposed to it all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment