RSE Group

RSE Group
Group shot of all the RSE attendants

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Kindle For Recent Grads Day 3

9/30/14

Today was our first full day of Kindle.  We had morning worship at 7:30.  It was very early but a great experience.  We sing a couple songs, do some liturgical responses, and then end with circle time to discuss Scripture and questions.  It was great to hear many different viewpoints.  After that we had breakfast and moved into our first session for the day.  The topic was leading from the second chair.  This is the idea that DCEs are not the first chair at a parish.  That is the Pastor more than often.  However we are leaders within the congregation and we lead from a second chair position.  That was a very good session for me and I learned quite a bit,  Our next session was welcome to boot camp.  There we talked about physical wellness.  Part of it was doing a competition between the circle groups.  Our group was able to win which was sweet!

In the evening we had our final session of the day.  It was about communication and conflict.  The communication part was very helpful for me.  I was able to pick up some great materials and options for things of that nature.  The conflict training was also very helpful.  I however did not have much experience to draw on in that area.  One thing about Redeemer, a good thing by far, is that there isn't much conflict between staff or the other groups there really at all.  It was a good session to take in some great strategies and ideas for later in my ministry career.  We ended the night with some fellowship time.  It's just great to get to know these awesome people apart from ministry as well.

Today I learned that I have a bit to offer when it comes to talking with recent graduates of church work.  I thought that the whole time I would be listening mainly, but I was able to share some experiences as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment