RSE Group

RSE Group
Group shot of all the RSE attendants

Thursday, December 4, 2014

1st Advent of Internship

11/3/14

Today was like the title suggest my first day of Advent on internship.  What a busy day it has been.  First we had our first Advent service at 4:15.  What is awesome about Redeemer is that they do Holden evening worship for their Advent services.  I gave my children's message for the first time.  I was fumbling for words a bit because I was trying to connect it more to the sermon.  Then we headed downstairs for the Advent meal and I got my group together and we started our PYROS meeting.  We were lighter this time but had some great new faces there.  We were able to plan all the way until the end of the education year which some pretty exciting events.  I can't wait to see what God does with those ideas.

Then after that I headed to the room next door and taught confirmation for the first and second year students for the first time.  Now I have officially taught all the different levels of confirmation here at Redeemer.  It was a fun class time and I felt as though they really got the material.  After that I had our second Advent service where I gave my children's message for the second time.  It went much better this time.  I also had a good chunk of confirmation students come up to the message which is always fun to see.  Overall it was a pretty great start to Advent and a wonderful night for me.

Today I learned a little bit of what a rushed day feels like.  It was my fault entirely but it is a good learning experience.  God was obviously working through me because it felt like an awesome night and I can't honestly remember some of the things I said for my children's message and confirmation lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment