RSE Group

RSE Group
Group shot of all the RSE attendants

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Catan!

8/25/14

I started off the morning with working on my blogs and getting caught up in my journal.  Still having an issue doing those daily when I am not at work.  Maybe doing both of them at night before I go to bed would be the solution.  I will have to try that.  You all have to suffer through me talking to myself in these blog if you are reading them.  Lucky you! :)  The rest of the morning I worked on getting my ministry contacts up to date.  It is fun to relive, in a way, the different times I've been doing ministry.  It'll be fun to talk about these with Kevin when he comes to visit.  Getting everything ready for his visit has been fun in a way.  Although it is a fair ways away I want to be on top of stuff and keep up the trend.  It is nice to have things to do each day rather than trying to occupy myself.

After lunch I came back and worked on the mystery dinner.  I am outlining each of the ideas I have for this event.  I am making some headway but I can't tell which of them I would prefer to do.  Maybe when I ask the youth they will have some other ideas I can look into as well.  I like that this one will be different than other ones I have done.  Here we want to promote everyone involved and working together rather then against one another.  I like the challenge of doing that and it seems like it is working pretty well, at least in my head right now.  I read another chapter in my Boundaries book for Kevin.  It is not a bad read, or maybe I've changed my outlook on reading for school or in my career field.  After that I did some practicing of the piece I will be playing on the 12th of September.  April is awesome and found an arrangement of El Shaddi that she transposed.  It sounds pretty good right now but definite areas for improvement.

I went home a bit early because I didn't have any thing to really work on.  I then went over to Centerstone to hang out with my parents.  They are staying in Rochester until Wednesday and are leaving for Ohio on Thursday.  It is awesome to have them here for awhile.  I've really missed hanging out with them and having a good time.  It was really fun to share what's going on with me and to hear what has been going on in Hudson while I've been away.

Today I learned what a codex is.  I read an article from Pastor Koglin and had a couple questions about it.  We had a really good conversation and it was fun to discuss it with him, especially because he has so much knowledge about the subject to share.




No comments:

Post a Comment