RSE Group

RSE Group
Group shot of all the RSE attendants

Thursday, August 7, 2014

Softball Championships!

8/6/14

I started off the morning with a staff meeting.  In that meeting we got our theme verse for this next years theme and I can honestly say we are all very excited to see where God will take us this next year.  After the that meeting I started getting things ready for the Lake George planning meeting later on.  I re-looked at my schedule and printed off a copy for each person so we could take a look at it.  Then I also put together the thoughts on the Bible study up to this point and handed that out so we all know where we are going.  The meeting itself was very productive.  I know personally I got some answers to questions that had been looming in my head.  The planning is coming along very nicely and should turn out to be a very good event if we get enough people.  That is now the main issue at hand.  We need to find at least 8 youth who can go so that it is actually a youth service trip and not an adult service trip.  We have 5 at this point and many prospective names so I pray God's will is we go and are able to help out up there.

After the Lake George meeting I did some quick work here and there.  I was heading out around 4 since we had the softball championships later tonight.  Due to both meetings and the length of time each ran Michael and I were not able to meet which I did miss.  However it is understandable and the meetings that happened both really needed to happen to get that information out and discussed.  After that I headed home and can now add Dragon Age Origins to the list of games I have beaten.  It has a pretty awesome ending and really goes into all the different decisions you made throughout the game.  Then I headed to Slaterly Park for the championships.  The first game we won about 10-1 or somewhere around there.  They had a great game.  Then for the next game in the bottom of the 7th inning they were up 13-4.  The other team was able to catch all the way up to end the game 13-12 with Redeemer winning the season and championship!  The other teams played very well and everyone always was having fun.

Today I learned that sometimes your worries get the best of you.  There were so many things I was worried about for Lake George but I 'm continuing to find people are stepping up and ready to help whenever with whatever.  I don't need to worry as much as I think I should and really worrying doesn't help nearly any situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment