RSE Group

RSE Group
Group shot of all the RSE attendants

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Haircut

8/4/14

Started off this morning at church doing some journaling and blogging.  Then Michael and I met and took some time to talk about Lake George and what we all had to figure out for the upcoming event.  It was good to flush out some concerns and get things out in the open I was worried about.  Then I did some work on my blog and really get caught up in what I have been doing.  It's nice to recount my days and share them with all of you.  It is nice to know that, even besides Amy and my mother, there are other people who are interested in what I am doing.  It is so much fun to share what I am doing here.  It is the first time that work doesn't feel like work at all.  It is awesome to share what I am doing and have that feeling of already when I look at the clock after doing something.

In the afternoon I met with Lori.  We are working on the Bible studies and devotions for the Lake George trip.  We went over all the resources we have and there is some very good stuff there.  After meeting for about two hours we have a basic outline of what we want to do.  Now I am going through the materials and going to put together some options for what we can do.  It is going to be a lot of fun and can't wait to see what God is going to do through His Word.  We have a lot of good subjects for the studies and devotions and with some more fine tuning will have a pretty awesome progression throughout the whole weekend.  It is very evident in these cases that God is working through us and awesome to see.

After I got done at Redeemer I headed right over to my scheduled haircut.  I had finally passed another moment here in Rochester and found a haircut place.  I was still a bit nervous about it and hoped it would turn out great and that I would enjoy the place.  It can at very high recommendation from Connor and was excited to see how it went.  I got there and was in the chair.  She asked me how I would like it cut and I always get nervous here simply because I don't know what measurements will look on my hair.  But I gave her what I thought and she went to work.  What is cool about this place is they cut you hair, then you get a warm towel over your face while they wash your hair.  Then at the end they offer a little massage using a vibrating handheld thing (yes official terminology).  It was pretty awesome and my head felt a thousand times better.

After I got done it was absolutely pouring outside.  I ran from the barber shop to my car and got soaked.  I looked at my hair in the mirror in my car and it looked a lot shorter, but that was mainly because of the water in it.  I got home and dried it off and even though it is a bit shorter than I am use to it was growing on me and it was certainly better than it was before.  All in all it was a great day and I ended it with some more Dragon Age and some reading.

Today learned that I am slowly getting to the point where I should trust my instincts over just my GPS.  I m starting to really get to know the southwest and bit of southeast portions of town, at least the places I need to go to.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment