RSE Group

RSE Group
Group shot of all the RSE attendants

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Meetings

8/19/14

It is my first day back to work since Lake George.  It is a weird but very good feeling.  I found that I did miss being at work a little bit on Monday.  It was nice to get into the swing of things again.  Michael was gone for the morning at Quarry Hill.  I started the task of getting back on track with my blogs.  I had quite a bit to do in order o get to where I am right now.  I also had to do a couple journal entries as well.  Believe it or not I got entirely caught up with both of those today.  For lunch Michael and I went to John Hardee's.  The food there is very good.  I had a pulled pork sandwich and eventually put some of their spicy sauce on it.  It was absolutely delicious.  Then we headed over to one of the families for confirmation.  We did a home visit to talk about confirmation.  Maria has down syndrome and it was fun to talk to her about confirmation as well as Brenda.

After that we had another confirmation meeting at church.  This one was with Erika, Jenny, and her grandparents.  It was a good discussion and got some good questions being asked.  After that I did some little tasks here and there.  There wasn't much point to go home and come back in like half an hour for the Sunday school meeting.  At the meeting we went through some more possible people who could teach Sunday school.  I was able to throw out one name.  I pray that she wants to do it and prayerfully considers it.  Also we looked at the orientation meeting as well as Rally Day coming up.  I got home and watched some Kenichi and just hung out for the night.  I absolutely loved Lake George but I did miss Rochester.

Today I learned what goes into a Confirmation visit here at Redeemer.  It was fun to see the connection that Michael builds both with the student as well as the parents/guardians.  He said that eventually I will be doing some.  I can't wait to learn how and try them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment