RSE Group

RSE Group
Group shot of all the RSE attendants

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Council Meeting

8/12/14

Today my biggest thing was the youth board meeting as well as my first council meeting.  At the youth board meeting I talked about Pyros and the direction we were going.  Having Christian and Sam there was very helpful.  They gave us the approval and ideas for direction that we needed.  Then I went into the Lake George talk and over half of the adult leaders for that trip are on the youth board.  I was able, with lots of help from them, to get across the information about our trip and what we were doing.  There were some good questions and we were able to answer them with confidence or in some cases of we will find out when we get there but we have plans in place. Then halfway through Michael and I had to attend the council meeting.  This was my first and I knew the majority of those there.  When we arrived we went over introductions.  During the meeting we talked about a lot of things.  We went over the theme for this upcoming year and the staff reports.  I got to give my first staff report.  Maybe not that exciting to most people but for me it was awesome!  It was a late meeting because this was the first time for this group of elected council members.

Today I learned that there are people who are exactly where I am at Redeemer.  They have a background but are in new positions.  They do what they know and ask questions when they are wondering.

No comments:

Post a Comment