RSE Group

RSE Group
Group shot of all the RSE attendants

Monday, August 4, 2014

Jay's!

8/3/14

Started off the morning with church.  I attended both services.  At both we had a missionary, that the church has started supporting, from the Dominican Republic come in and talk.  She had an amazing message.  It wasn't just sharing what they were doing or what she was doing there.  It was an actual message of the Church and how God is doing exactly what He said He would in His Word.  She had a great way of presenting this while putting in how she sees God working in Her work and the work of the other missionaries in the Dominican Republic.  She is also a unique kind of missionary.  She works with those who are developmentally disabled.  I've never heard of this before and it was incredibly interesting.  One of the first pictures she should was of a girl with cerebral palsy which I am intimately familiar with my brother.  It touched me and I know exactly what she meant by what happens when they don't have therapy with that and not as top notch quality care.

Before, in between, and after services I did some running around to the different youth that had showed up.  I was recruiting for Lake George trip.  I enlisted Julie to help me as well and with covered everyone that was there.  We got several nos since we are nearing the start of fall sports, marching band, drivers ed, and school itself which is completely understandable.  We got several maybes and a few yeses which is awesome.  I pray that we can get enough people to make the trip worthwhile ad able to go.  If not however I understand that as well and need to prepare for that as well.  Later that afternoon I went to the Beckman's and we headed over to Jay's for the get together there.

At Jay's I was able to solidify some names in my head and get to know others even more.  I tried some slushy mix and it was peach.  I am not normally a fan of peach but this was very good.  Also I experienced the fabled pizza making at Jay's.  He makes the crust and has sauce and we bring toppings.  Then we make the pizzas and put them in a brick over he has made.  It is the coolest thing and is the best tasting pizza I've ever had.  There are some awesome combinations of toppings people make and very tasty.  It was a lot of fun to be there and get to know everyone.  I can't wait to see the photos from the event when Jay puts them out.

The rest of he night did some dishes and some more playing of Dragon Age.  Yes you all get to hear about that.  :P  It was a really great day and I had a great time.  I can't wait to go over to Jay's again.

Today I learned I am starting to know where to turn to people for their passions and skills in the congregation.  It shows that I am really starting to build connections and relationships with those in the congregation and getting to know them for who they really are.

No comments:

Post a Comment