RSE Group

RSE Group
Group shot of all the RSE attendants

Friday, August 22, 2014

Ice Bucket Challenge

8/21/14

I started off the morning with working on the slide show some more.  It looks like I am doing some heavy duty work because I have my laptop, one of the churches, and my desktop all on my desk.  I spent the morning until lunch time finished up the show.  It is looking pretty good and only lasts about 8 minutes now.  Might be a good idea to put it on a loop of sorts before and after service so anyone watching gets a chance to see all the photos if they want.  I transferred it to my laptop as well as to a flash drive so won't loose it.  I headed home for lunch and watched some more Kenichi.  I'm glad Clark had showed me this series.  I think I am in an anime phase right now.  Added several series to my list on Netflix.  Good thing they are short episodes and not long series overall.

I came back to work and saw Michael for the first time today.  We talked a bit and went right into a confirmation meeting.  It has been good to see them and start getting the information myself so I can talk a bit here in our way of learning how to run them.  They will be a good tool to use for my own congregation.  I finished working on the Dorcas/Tabitha page and just have to wait for Rally Day to publish it and see how well it goes.  Heading out from work and going to be picking up quarters and doing the ice challenge Amy put me up to.  Oh boy.  Before I left work Michael was so kind to give me a 4-gallon bucket for the ice challenge.  I stopped by an associated bank in order to get some quarters for laundry and then headed home.

There I got set up for the ice bucket challenge.  I got my shower all ready and put my computer down.  I thought about what I was going to say and went and did it.  It turned out pretty good and it was pretty cold.  Then I got ready for service and headed back to Redeemer.  There I got the Lake George slide show all set up and had it going before and after service.  I also picked up a watermelon from the youth so I have to cut that up at some point.  Later that night I gave my mom a call to remind her of the challenge I gave her.  We laughed and got some time to talk as well.  It was nice to be able to share and hear what was going on back home.

Today I learned that I'm not the only one who gets upset or struggles through moral issues going on in the world today.  It's nice to talk with like minded individuals.

No comments:

Post a Comment