RSE Group

RSE Group
Group shot of all the RSE attendants

Sunday, July 6, 2014

1st Children's Message

7/3/14

Started off the day with a meeting with Michael.  We got caught up on our devotions and did some checking in which was really nice for me.  We had some time to figure out a bit of direction where we want to go in the next couple of months.  Then I spent a good majority of the morning working on the power point for the Chicago sharing services.  Luckily Jorgen had done a lot of the ground work.  I mainly cleaned out some photos and put in text to tell a bit of story.  I pray that it will communicate a bit of what we did and spur questions from others for those of us who were able to go on the trip.

After lunch I cam back to finish up the power point and I am quite satisfied with it.  Then I took some time to get my blogs updated and started for the day.  After that I began to do some revisions on my Professional Planning Report for Kevin.  Michael and I had talked about my goals and he gave me some great advice on directions where to go with them.  Now just getting ready for service tonight.  The closer we get the more nervous I get.  It is a good nervous though.  I am not afraid of talking or saying the message, just the waiting before it happens sort of thing.

I spend the majority of the afternoon before service just doing some odds and ends.  I got ahead on some assignments for Kevin and also some stuff for work as well.  It was quite a productive day at work which is very nice.  It's nice to have time to get stuff done during the day rather than cramming in stuff at night after I would normally have class.  Then came service time.  I was getting a bit more nervous as we got closer to the children's message.  When it finally came to the time there was only one child: Aaron who is Pastor Koglin's oldest.  It was a nice starting audience at two years old.  I gave my message and already started thinking of different ways of saying things.  Talking to Michael afterward he said that there was no major or minor issues he saw just little touch ups we could talk about after I had a couple more times to give the message.  He said that I looked extremely comfortable up front and that I wouldn't have problem giving children's messages and stuff of that nature.  That was a huge compliment and really helped me to feel at ease.

No comments:

Post a Comment