RSE Group

RSE Group
Group shot of all the RSE attendants

Monday, July 21, 2014

God is Savior

7/17/14

Had VBS again today.  However today was a bit different than the other mornings.  Today I was running opening and closing for the whole day.  I was excited and a bit nervous to take on the task.  I had had a little bit of a sore throat the night before and my voice was sounding a bit weird this morning.  I figured I would pass it off as something about singing all the songs all night to get a laugh out of the kids.  The opening went really great and even though my voice sounded a bit weird the kids had a great time.  The pre-k and k students had fun as well and are super awesome at stopping with we put our hands together in a gesture that Michael has taught them.  Also that morning Michael gave me 50 cents to get some caffeine in my system and something cold down my throat.

After that I joined my group at craft.  They were making a poster saying God as Savior.  Another group was sitting in the chairs.  They had two options at craft today.  They could either color the sign or they could sit and sing songs with Lynne and Kate.  They were having a blast.  That is where I got  my buddy for the day.  Aiden was clinging to me all day.  We talked and here and there I got him doing stuff away from me.  It was cool to have that connection with someone.  He kept saying that I was his favorite which really bumped me up :)  Then we headed up to music.  They sang several of the songs they would be for the service on Sunday.  After that we went out for game time.  We played another water game which was great.  They had to pass a cup of water back and fill up a bucket.  However there were holes on the bottom of the cup so they got wet as they passed it.  They love it and had a great time.

We had our break and went to snack.  Today we had a mini donut, a grape, and a gram cracker with marshmallow creme and green sprinkles on it.  We had to make a snail out of it.  The creativity of the snack people is super awesome.  After snack we went to bible time.  There we learned about the story of Jesus and how He saved us.  We got pieces of linen to wear as bracelets to remind us that Jesus was not in the tomb.  Our last stop was to the mission station.  There we made bird feeders with peanut butter and bird seed.  Two of our kids have peanut allergies so they made bird feeders using marshmallow creme and cheerios.  We went up for closing and it went well.  We had raised over $300 for our offering to help kids in South Africa.

I went home for lunch and came back to work.  There Michael and I talked about what needed to get done and what things I could do while he was away.  I know he feels bad about all the stuff he is giving me but I am grateful.  He explains things very well and I know he is more than willing to answer all my questions.  I got my children's message ready and worked on a couple blog posts to get caught up with.  I headed home in before service and Amy was almost there.  Then we headed off to church together and she finally got to see me do a children's message.  That day we basically hung out before she headed over to April's for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment