RSE Group

RSE Group
Group shot of all the RSE attendants

Monday, July 21, 2014

Bringing Back the Jungle

7/19/14

Today was my day to relax and start to feel better.  It was by this point I was pretty sure I had a cold of some sort.  So sleeping in today felt very good.  I got some breakfast in me and just took my time in the morning.  I took a walk down to Games by James hoping to get some paints and brushes to start my miniatures.  However they didn't have any brushes or any black or white base coat.  I got the blue I needed and ordered some brushes and cutters off amazon.  There is my fun purchase for this paycheck and moving on to other things for the day.  Got back home and cranked the AC up.  I took a shower and worked on the VBS closing service while doing some gaming before resetting up for VBS and service that night.

I arrived at church at quarter to 4 and we started to bring out the decorations that we had set aside for today.  We put them up in the sanctuary making a mini jungle compared to what was there for the week.  Pastor Koglin was there and was able to tell us where to make pathways and where we could fill stuff up.  That was extremely helpful.  Then I got all my stuff ready for service that night.  I did my best to stay in the Narthex and "work" the crowd.  I talked to several couples as well as people here and there.  It was good and was able to see how many kids were going to be there.  Thank goodness for the Baptism that night otherwise there would have been no children again.  That isn't a terrible thing because I know I get a lot from children's messages as well.  I hope that the adults get something from my children's messages as well.  I was able to give my message for three kids and the whole congregation also participated.

I went home and finished up both of the PowerPoints and did some gaming along with it.  They both turned out very well.  Lori had several photos that I could add to the photo PowerPoint.  It really helped to fill out the missing spots and show the whole week.  I talked to Michael tonight.  It was nice to connect up and get a couple things figured out and ready.    

No comments:

Post a Comment