RSE Group

RSE Group
Group shot of all the RSE attendants

Monday, July 14, 2014

VBS Kickoff!

7/13/14

Started with an early morning getting to church.  I saw Micheal sitting at his desk after having the office to myself for awhile.  It was nice to get a little time to chat about what had been happening and going on that last week.  I did each service that morning for the children's message and reading the Gospel reading.  I felt the best about these children's messages as well as how I read the Gospel.  I try to put some inflection in my voice when I read certain parts and emphasize other areas as well.  I pray that it is working and maybe helps people to focus on the reading.

After church I had VBS training and I was running it.  Paula and Michael would not be there but Paul would be which is very nice.  It went very well although we went a lot shorter.  Both Paula and Michael told me that is just fine and would probably happen since I don't have the background of previous Redeemer VBSs.  After that I stayed a bit to help decorate and eat with everyone then headed home before I had to come back for the kickoff.

That night I came back around 5:30 for the VBS kickoff.  I got to meet some of my students and help out in small ways here and there.  The church looks awesome and completely transformed.  I got to see some practice of the skits and I am super excited to see them all week as well as talk about them with the kids.  I love the material we are using and it is going to be a blessed time.  I pray that I get opportunities to connect with kids and hear them share their faith and see them grow in their faith.  It is going to be a very exciting time this next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment